Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!


Welcome to the Cheeky Weekly blog!
Cheeky Weekly ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED was a British children's comic with cover dates spanning 22 October 1977 to 02 February 1980.

Quick links...
Basic Stats
Cheeky Weekly Index - Cheeky Annuals and Specials Index
Cheeky Weekly Artist Index
Features by Number of Appearances
Cheeky Weekly Timeline
Major Characters from the Cheeky pages
Features Ordered by Date of Commencement

*** ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Used with permission. ***
*** CHEEKY WEEKLY, KRAZY, WHOOPEE!, WHOOPEE, WOW!, WHIZZER AND CHIPS and BUSTER ARE ™ REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, COPYRIGHT ©  REBELLION PUBLISHING LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ***
Thanks for reading the blog.

Monday 22 September 2014

Cheeky history turned upside down

I was recently contacted via email by the seller of this piece on ebay. He had kindly thought of me when putting the item, which is very significant in the history of the toothy funster as Ian Knox's artwork initiated the whole Cheeky phenomenon, on sale. However as noted in my previous post I don't check my Cheeky emails every day, so I didn't become aware of this auction until it had closed. Had I known in advance, I would have mentioned it on the blog. I don't collect original art so wouldn't have entered the bidding myself.

I have also received an email from the proud new owner of this historic work, who prefers to remain anonymous but is understandably chuffed to have secured it. He writes "I thought you and your readers might be interested to know that a small piece of original artwork featuring the first appearance of Cheeky in Krazy Comic issue 1 still exists. This recently came up for auction on eBay and I was fortunate enough to be the highest bidder so the artwork will be making its way down under for the first time. Of course the whole page will be upside down when it arrives but I'll still be able to read the small caption at the bottom :) I'll dutifully preserve this remnant from a wonderful time in English comics".

Congratulations to our Antipodean pal - it's nice to know this important artwork is going to a good home where it will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment